Tuesday 28 July 2009

Barnardos Cafe, Cross Street, Oswestry


No excuse needed to have a lunch at Barnardos in Oswestry as all profits from the café go to the Charity. Great stuff!!
To enter the café you have to go up the stairs above the shop. I was expecting a pokey little place but its spacious, big windows with lots of light coming in and its nicely decorated to feel a little bit summery is the best way Beast can describe it.
We found a table and had a peek at the menu. There was a lot to choose from considering it was just light lunches. Jacket potatoes, toasties, sandwiches, soups, baguettes & lots of homemade cakes and scones.
The McSkankill in me couldn’t contain the excitement when Beast discovered the most expensive thing on the Menu was around £4.00.
Some of the sandwich choices were very cosmopolitan and dam right crazy for Oswestry including Brie and Grape and Camembert and Peach!! I wonder what the Blue rinse brigade make of that which makes up I would say 70% of Barnardos cliental.
I opted for something a bit less daring and went for a bowl of homemade Carrot & Coriander Soup (as did Mother of the Beast) for £3.25. Served with a brown or white baguette (very diverse). It arrived quickly was very tasty and there was plenty of it. I was really impressed. I used my Beast radar to watch some other meals coming out and the jackets looked very nice as did the sandwiches. Overall I was more than impressed with this little find and shall be returning, in fact I did with Hubby Beast last Saturday for tea and scones (yes darrrrling).

Extra .5 of a Beast point for the profits to charity aspect.

Beast Rating – 4.5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment